Clearing the Haze: Addressing Health Ethics Questions Raised by Legalization of Cannabis
October 24, 2018
LIVE Conference Broadcast
Live broadcast of conference onsite at Alt Hotel or streaming link available - No Charge
This conference will address ethical concerns for health care providers and health organizations that stem from the legalization of cannabis for non-medical purposes.
At the end of the broadcast, participants will be able to:
- Describe ethical concerns and values related to legal cannabis
- Identify parallels between the ethics issues raised by legal cannabis and other health ethics discussions
- Explain the role of stigma in shaping the discussion about cannabis
**Registration deadline for live broadcast only is Tuesday October 16, 2018.
Register HERE and choose to attend in person at Alt Hotel Airport or watch broadcast live:
This event will then be followed up by a workshop in one of the four NSHA Zones.
If you watched/attended the live broadcast (October 24) and would like to attend this event, please choose your appropriate Zone location (listed below) to register for the this in-person only workshop.
There is a $40 fee for the follow-up workshop. Refreshment break will be provided.
At the end of the workshop sessions, participants will be able to:
- Summarize various positions regarding ethics and legal cannabis
- Identify ways to facilitate discussion related to legal cannabis, recognizing that stigma can affect the conversation
- Apply ethics tools and frameworks to ethics cases regarding legal cannabis
Central Zone 4 - Follow-up Workshop - November 6 at Best Western Burnside, 9:30am-12:30pm
Register here: Central Zone Registration Follow-up Workshop
Eastern Zone 3 - Follow-up Workshop - November 9 at Maritime Inn Antigonish, 9:30am-12:30pm
Register here: Eastern Zone Registration Follow-up Workshop
Western Zone 1 - Follow-up Workshop - November 14 at Chipman Building, Kentville, 9:30am-12:30pm
Register here: Western Zone Follow-up Workshop
Northern Zone 2 - Follow-up Workshop - November 16 at Best Western Glengarry Truro, 9:30am-12:30pm
Register here: Northern Zone Follow-up Workshop