Ethics Consultation Workshop
September 18, 2018 from 9:30am-12:30pm in Liverpool, NS
Best Western, Liverpool
October 2, 2018 from 9:30am-12:30pm in Port Hawkesbury, NS
Maritime Inn, Port Hawkesbury
Participate in workshop on-site
Watch workshop live online
This half-day workshop is intended to increase the capacity and confidence of individuals who are or soon will be directly involved with clinical ethics consultation. The focus will be primarily on the process of clinical ethics consultation in NSHA and using tools that have been developed to support ethics consultation.
Participants will leave with resources to support further learning and reflection; this workshop is not able to provide comprehensive training in clinical ethics consultation within the time available.
Objectives: At the end of the workshops, participants will be able to:
- Explain the approach to clinical ethics consultation used in NSHA
- Adapt the model of clinical ethics consultation for particular situations
- List some of the key competencies for clinical ethics consultation
- Describe challenges commonly encountered in providing clinical ethics consultation
- Identify strategies to address challenges that can arise for clinical ethics consultants
How do I participate?
We will be starting promptly at 9:30am so please arrive by 9:15am to allow for seating and hot beverages. Coffee/tea available upon arrival. Mid-morning nutrition break will be offered.
Watch Live Online
If you choose this option, you will be emailed a meeting link to join the workshop. There is no special software needed as this is a web browser application. You can also just listen in via audio only. This option is helpful if you wish to have a small group of people join together to watch the workshop.
There is no charge for this workshop.
How do I register?